- About Us
A softgel or soft gelatin capsule is a solid capsule (outer shell) surrounding a liquid or semi-solid center (inner fill). An active ingredient can be incorporated into the outer shell, the inner fill, or both. They are oral dosage form for medicine similar to capsules. Softgel shells are a combination of gelatin, water, opacifier and a plasticizer such as glycerin and/or sorbitol(s).
· Easy to swallow, no taste, unit dose delivery, tamper-proof.
· Wide variety of colors, shapes, and sizes.
· Accommodates a wide variety of compounds filled as a semi-solid, liquid, gel or paste.
· Immediate or delayed drug delivery.
· Can be used to improve bioavailability by delivering drug in solution or other absorption enhancing media.